Autopilot Development Engineer
Natilus is seeking a Flight Controls Engineer to join our Controls Group. We design, analyze and implement control algorithms for unconventional manned and unmanned air vehicles. Our group is involved in physical modeling, controls and estimation, control law development with test pilots in simulated environments, software development, flight testing of small scale unmanned airplanes, supporting manned flight testing … and whatever else is needed to make things fly.
Natilus is building a large 18,000lb unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. It is a blended wing body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. It will be the first of its kind and the first BWB put into production.
• B.S. or M.S. in Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 3 years of experience
• Knowledge of control and estimation theory
• Practical experience with design and implementation of control systems
• Strong physical modeling, linear algebra, and calculus background
• Good grasp of aerodynamics and aircraft flight dynamics
• Experience with robotics and embedded systems
• Experience with sensors: accels, gyros, GPS, pressure transducers, vision, lidar, radar, ultrasound … etc
• Experience with manned aircrafts
• Familiarity with aircraft handling qualities
• Familiarity with Unix environment
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Send Resume to: