Airframe Design Engineer
Natilus is seeking an airframe design engineer to join the structural design group. The airframe design engineer will design, build, and test prototype experimental aircraft in a fast-paced research and development environment, and will significant vertical responsibility. The work will span preliminary design, part and assembly design, system design, manufacturing support, and flight test engineering support. Typically, this work includes design and manufacture of the wing, fuselage, empennage, control surface structures, and their integration into the overall vehicle.
• Fundamental knowledge of aircraft load paths and structural sizing
• An expert understanding of the theory and practical application of composite structures and their application to aircraft
• A strong understanding of composite manufacturing and assembly
• Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
• Proficiency in CATIA, Unigraphics, or Solidworks
• A minimum of three years or directly related work experience
• Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
• Rapid prototyping experience
• Aircraft homebuilding or other hands-on design or build experience
• Pilot’s license
NATILUS is the next generation air cargo carrier with organically designed, built, and serviced large capacity long distance Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The production model of NATILUS drone is designed around a 200,000 lbs payload with a range of over 6500 miles, equivalent to a non-stop flight from the Asian Eastern Seaboard to North America.
Send Resume to: