Engineering - Richmond, CA
Natilus is seeking an aerodynamicist to join the engineering team. The aerodynamicist will design, build, and test prototype experimental aircraft in a fast-paced research and development environment, and with significant vertical responsibility. The work will span preliminary design, part and assembly design, system design, manufacturing support, and flight test engineering support. Typically, this work includes design of a BWB aircraft with full aerodynamic analysis of the vehicle as a whole, including control surfaces, thrust lines, trim, stability and control. Full scale CFD analysis and wind tunnel testing will also be required.
Natilus is building a large 18,000lb unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. It is a blended wing body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. It will be the first of its kind and the first BWB put into production.
• Expert knowledge of fluid dynamics
• Experience with at least one viscous CFD code ( OVERFLOW, FUN3D, or CFD++ )
• Ability to use CFD code for grid generation, execution, post processing and analysis of results
• Wind tunnel experience
• Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
• A minimum of three years or directly related work experience
• Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
• Must be willing to travel to the wind tunnel when she calls
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Send Resume to: